A comprehensive kit consisting of the necessary Master Patterns, Instruction Book, tools and templates, to sew an entire wardrobe of great-fitting, personalised trouser styles all structured to fit your individual body shape and size. Dartless & versatile, the unisex Sure-Fit Designs™ Shirt Master Patterns provide the base for fashionable designs for both men & women.
What can be made from this kit?
Shirts, jackets, coats, t-shirts, jumpers & sweatshirts, and dressing gowns, for both men & women. The Shirt Kit naturally works to create items of clothing with a more relaxed fit compared to the more fitted women’s tops you can make using the Dress Kit. For more inspiration, view the SFD Shirt Quick Reference Guide.
Chest/bust measurements range from 28” to 62” (71cm to 157.5cm).
How does it work?
- Using your unique measurements, you will apply these to the Sure-Fit Designs™ Master Patterns to achieve your initial body blueprint (your shirt sloper).
- You will then tweak your Master Pattern to incorporate any adjustments needed to reflect your unique shape once you’ve sewn and tested your first body blueprint. Your local SFD distributer, Judith, is on hand to help you via email or phone, so please get in touch if you need support when refining your fit.
- Once you are happy with the fit of your body blueprint, the design options are endless! Countless designs including shirts, coats, t-shirts, and dressing gowns are all possible. All designs are created from your Master Pattern, so you know they’ll fit. Designing, sewing instructions, fashion tips and complete patterns are all available within the Shirt Kit.
Watch the videos below for more information.
What's in the kit?
- Master Pattern - Shirt Front & Back
- Master Pattern - Sleeve
- Master Pattern - Collars, Collar Stand, Pockets & Cuffs
- Leaflet Instructions - Vest Designing & Large Upper Arm
- Latest 5th Edition Shirt Kit Instruction Book - 28 pages - value in every page.
- Designing Stylus (curved drawing tool) - this essential tool is required to draw the patterns for all of the kits and is sold separately to allow customers to buy Kit-only options where they already own a stylus.
- Tracing Vellum (paper) - needs to be high visibility and easy to rub mistakes out on. We offer a high quality tracing vellum in two sizes, milled specifically for use with our system.
- You will also need your own tape measure, pencil, eraser, and fabric. You may already have many of these tools, but visit our Essential Tools & More page if you’re missing any.
The Designing Stylus and Tracing Vellum are included in our Discounted Combos. See the Discounted Combos section for great value combinations of our products, including Combos to get you started and Combos for sewing for the whole family.