Sew great fitting clothes for boys & girls, from toddlers to teens, with the Sure-Fit Designs™ Children’s Kit.
What can be made from this kit?
The Children’s Kit will help you to produce children’s clothes such as shirts, tops, blouses, skirts, jumpsuits, dungarees, jackets, trousers, jeans, hoodies, dressing gowns, dresses, sleeveless & sleeved fleeces, and polo shirts.
Chest measurements range from 16” to 34” (40.5cm to 86.5cm).
Hip measurements range from 18” to 36” (45.75cm to 91.5cm).
How does it work?
- Using the child’s unique measurements, you will apply these to the Sure-Fit Designs™ Master Patterns to achieve their initial body blueprint.
- You can then tweak the Master Pattern to incorporate any adjustments needed to reflect the child’s unique shape once you’ve sewn and tested their first body blueprint. Your local SFD distributer, Judith, is on hand to help you via email or phone, so please get in touch if you need support when refining your fit.
- Once you are happy with the fit of the child’s body blueprint, the design options are endless! Countless patterns including tops, trousers, skirts, dresses, dungarees, hoodies, and dressing gowns are all possible. All designs are created from the child’s Master Pattern, so you know they’ll fit. Designing, sewing instructions, fashion tips and complete patterns are all available within the Children's Kit.
Watch the first video below for more information.
What's in the kit?
- Master Pattern - Shirts/Blouses/Tops
- Master Pattern - Skirt
- Master Pattern - Trousers
- Master Pattern - Sleeves
- Master Pattern - Waistband, Hood, Bib, Pockets
- Master Pattern - Collars
- Latest 5th Edition Children’s Kit Instruction Book - 36 pages - value in every page.
Watch the video below for more information.
- Designing Stylus (curved drawing tool) - this essential tool is required to draw the patterns for all of the kits and is sold separately to allow customers to buy Kit-only options where they already own a stylus.
- Tracing Vellum (paper) - needs to be high visibility and easy to rub mistakes out on. We offer a high quality tracing vellum in two sizes, milled specifically for use with our system.
- You will also need your own tape measure, pencil, eraser, and fabric. You may already have many of these tools, but visit our Essential Tools & More page if you’re missing any.
The Designing Stylus and Tracing Vellum are included in our Discounted Combos. See the Discounted Combos section for great value combinations of our products, including Combos to get you started and Combos for sewing for the whole family.