A comprehensive kit consisting of the necessary Master Patterns, Instruction Book, tools and templates, to sew an entire wardrobe of great-fitting, personalised clothes all structured to fit your individual body shape and size.
What can be made from this kit?
Blouses, tops, skirts, any style of two-piece or one-piece dresses, and jackets or coats can be designed with this flexible fitting, sewing & designing kit. For more inspiration, view the SFD Dress Quick Reference Guide.
How does it work?
- Using your unique measurements, you will apply these to the Sure-Fit Designs™ Master Patterns to achieve your initial body blueprint (your bodice & skirt sloper).
- You will then tweak your Master Pattern to incorporate any adjustments needed to reflect your unique shape once you’ve sewn and tested your first body blueprint. Your local SFD distributer, Judith, is on hand to help you via email or phone, so please get in touch if you need support when refining your fit.
- Once you are happy with the fit of your body blueprint, the design options are endless! Countless patterns including blouses, skirts, one and two-piece dresses, jackets and coats are all possible. All designs are created from your Master Pattern, so you know they’ll fit. Designing, sewing instructions, fashion tips and complete patterns are all available within the Dress Kit.
Watch the first video below for more information.
What's in the kit?
- Master Pattern - Front Bodice & Skirt
- Master Pattern - Back Bodice & Skirt
- Master Pattern - Sleeves (both Woven & Knit)
- Master Pattern - Collar Collection
- Adjust-A-Bust template
- Waist Darts template
- Armscye template
- Latest 6th Edition Dress Kit Instruction Book - 56 page - value in every page.
Watch the second video below for more information.
- Designing Stylus (curved drawing tool) - this essential tool is required to draw the patterns for all of the kits and is sold separately to allow customers to buy Kit-only options where they already own a stylus.
- Tracing Vellum (paper) - needs to be high visibility and easy to rub mistakes out on. We offer a high quality tracing vellum in two sizes, milled specifically for use with our system.
- You will also need your own tape measure, pencil, eraser, and fabric. You may already have many of these tools, but visit our Essential Tools & More page if you’re missing any.
The Designing Stylus and Tracing Vellum are included in our Discounted Combos. See the Discounted Combos section for great value combinations of our products, including Combos to get you started and Combos for sewing for the whole family.